Cameron's growth

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 21, 2011

First family photo

Wanted to share a few of these lovely photos taken by my wonderful cousin, Ashley, who we were able to visit with the weekend before last!  She snapped our first family photo... 




The fashionable and very generous baby bag from Ash and Ryan..thanks again!! 


The Webbubers ;)



Dave figured out how to use the timer on our camera :)

In other news, we are 18 weeks today!  (Little Lewis is about the length of a bell pepper)  Got the baby room painted this past Saturday.  I would take a picture but it's just an empty room, so not very exciting at the moment.  I'm looking forward to registering soon--we are hoping to find out the sex a week from today!  So far, we have had a few people guess that it's a girl and no one has guessed boy...I can hardly wait to find out and start looking for all the fun stuff that baby will need.  Any suggestions for what items you mommies out there are either really glad to have or haven't used as much as you thought you would?  Or wish you would have had sooner?  I want to take as many of your suggestions into consideration so hopefully the selection process will be less overwhelming--there are so many baby things out there nowadays!  I started a running list this morning while I was eating breakfast and and still have a lot to add to it. 

Also, just want to take time to say that I am grateful for tomorrow being Good Friday and for Easter weekend to again remember the price that Christ paid for our sins, and to celebrate His power in defeating death by rising again so we can have the hope of everlasting life with Him.  I cannot imagine entering into parenthood without the hope of knowing that although I am weak and bound to fail in countless ways as a mother, Christ is all sufficient and I can rest in His hands and put all of my hope and trust in Him.   

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.  I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep...No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from my Father.  I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.” - John 10:10, 11, 18, 28-30 


2 comments:

  1. SO exciting!!!! Can't wait to hear what you guys are having! Enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So excited for you guys and so excited you have a blog so we can keep up with you :)

    ReplyDelete