Cameron's growth

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 20, 2012

Five favorite things about our five month old

1.  The way he can instantly banish my morning grogginess






2.  How his big brown saucer eyes light up when daddy or I smile and lock eyes with him...oh, and his chubby cheeks!  



(That's a bit of banana on his lip; I was curious to see if he'd take it one morning when I was eating it...he took it with interest but was overall neutral.  We will wait just a little longer to introduce solids for real!)




3.  Watching him play with toys and seeing the wheels turning in his brain as he learns how to interact with the world around him




Action shot!





4.  Getting to put him in new clothes as he outgrows the smaller outfits



...Although seeing him bare bottomed 
(or, diaper-bottomed) is another favorite!





5.  His adorable two bottom teeth (still haven't been able to get a good close-up of those chompers!)




REFUSING to show his cute teeth on camera:





Happy five months, precious son!






P.S.  The events of this morning that occurred after I began writing this lovely post have caused me to feel the need to add one of my least favorite things--just so you all know (and so I will remember) that it's not always a picture-perfect wonderland around here...but you already knew that ;)  Ok, so my least favorite thing would have to be blowout "poopsplosion" diapers...and within the last three weeks there have been an unusually large amount of those not-so-sweet-surprises coming from my sweet son. 

At the risk of over-sharing, this is a video of an average blowout that happened a week or so ago.  It's rare that I capture these moments on camera because 1) I'm usually too overwhelmed by getting Cameron and the dirty clothes cleaned up, and 2) Who really wants to see this??  


***Viewers beware.***   



No comments:

Post a Comment